Session 1: Let's define what is important for you
Determine or confirm your 3 main values, develop your leadership by fulfilling them in the daily job
Let's watch the video!
Video framework and resources
1- Why knowing what is important for you is so important?
- Let’s imagine you at the end of your life: what might you regret?
95% of people regret their life… and the main regret is the following one: “I wish I had lived the life I really wanted and not the life that others wanted for me “
(reference: Bronnie Ware, The 5 regrets of the dying, you tube video Top 5 regrets right before dying…!)
- Values transcend life areas.
2- Let's determine your values with the value determination process:
- What does mean the way your use your space, time, thoughts, money, energy, discussions?
- What are your 3 main values?
- What is your own definition of each value? which reminds of emotions? what image?
Example of values board : link to emotions, personal definition of each value.
3- Benefits of daily use:
- Better internal alignement, more meaning in your activities leading to balance keys and even enrichment between profesional and personal areas.
- Support to the “fair” and “right” decision with regards to your deep values.
- The values determination process is applicable at individual and team levels; Values determination helps to better understand others in relationships.